Saturday, October 8, 2005

Ridgway


See that little hill at the south end of the campground? That became my
daily challenge. Run over to it, then up it a little farther each day,
without hurting my knee. Careful and conservative. Not running downhill at
all since that's what hurt my knee in the first place a year ago. See the
switchbacks in the closer view? One additional switchback each day, then
hike the rest of the way to the top.

The first time I ran to the top without stopping it felt so good I couldn't
stop there at the flat part, I just had to continue on the trail across the
mesa overlooking the lake, past the bluebirds, living in a place surrounded
by bluebirds just feels right, until the trail started to descend on the
other side. Careful and conservative. No running downhill. Turn around
and walk back. I'm being as nice to my knee as it is being to me.