Sunday, September 4, 2005

Glenwood springs


I don't understand my knee. It started hurting in November. We've tried
several things to fix it, but nothing has worked for very long. We've tried
anti-inflammatories. We've bought new shoes. We've had a couple surgical
solutions offered but have avoided them. As recently as Bend Oregon, less
than a month ago, it still hurt every day when I ran. Since then, it has
hardly hurt at all. I've been careful to walk more than run. Bicycling
seems to aggravate it more than walking. Nature's most perfect exercise,
racquetball doesn't hurt it at all.

I don't know why it quit hurting. I don't know if it's completely through
or not, but I have been able to run/walk every day for the last week with no
discomfort. I don't run very far, just a mile or two before I switch back
to walking. I don't understand my knee... but I like what it's doing.