Friday, April 1, 2005

Golden

Knee news.

My knee has hurt for five months, so it's probably not going to get better
on its own. I've seen the physical therapist. I've had the massage
therapy. Time for a solid diagnosis. Time to meet with the orthopedic
surgeon.

He poked, prodded, and x-rayed. He lined it all up and watched it move. He
declared it perfect. There is no meniscus tear. There are no damaged
ligaments. There isn't even any trace of arthritis yet. I have an almost
sixty-year old perfect knee.

It just hurts.

He looked at my running shoes. He told me to buy some new ones. He says
running shoes are so good; runners don't have trouble with their knees and
heels anymore. If my knee hurts, the cushioning in my shoes has gone flat
and needs to be replaced. He says if I stay off it, and get some new shoes,
it will be better in a week.