Monday, January 10, 2005

Texas

Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 9:24 PM

Get this. Today, Rags was good and Annie was bad. Annie escaped! Annie the Wonder Dog. Annie the good kid who never does anything wrong. She was outside with me while I was cooking dinner tonight. It got dark. I watched the pork chops on the grill. I didn’t watch Annie.

The pork chops were done. Judy asked where Annie was. She wasn’t where I last saw her. We called “Annie”. She didn’t come. We both called. We called her name. We called “cheese”. She likes cheese better than she likes her name. Nothing. She is not supposed to be out of our sight. She is not supposed to be out of our reach. These are park rules. There are also coyotes.

Finally, she did come trotting down the street to us. We got her back. I’ll be more careful. Who knew? I was careful going in and out the door so the cat wouldn’t get out. Who knew I had to watch Annie too.