Sunday, November 14, 2004

Dakota Ridge

Sunday. Football. Laundry.

Judy's recovery is progressing nicely. For the first couple days I hung
around and got stuff for her. Now she's ambulatory again so I don't have to
be as nice to her. I didn't do the laundry while she was recovering, so it
stacked up.

Today, she feels well enough to take the pile down to the clubhouse laundry.
Actually, I took both her and the laundry down to the clubhouse and left
them there. Wait. It's not like it was not her idea in the first place. I
didn't exile her to the Laundromat. I even went back down there to move the
wet clothes from the washer to the dryer for her, and to help her fold them.

Anyway, I stayed here to watch football and work a little. Sitting here
quietly, I heard a thump on the outside of the motorhome. It sounded like a
cabinet door closing. I got up and went outside to look around. Nothing.
I went back to work. Half an hour later, Rags called. From inside the
clothes hamper in the bedroom. The thump was not from outside, it was from
inside. We have this neat tilt out clothes hamper cabinet in the bedroom.
It's the perfect cat trap. It's perfect, because it has worked before, and
it continues to work. If you leave it open, the weight of the cat will
close it. Cat inside.

It has been cold, windy, rainy, and snowy here. We're considering sliding
south for a while to recuperate in the sun.