Thursday, June 24, 2004

Oceanside

Monday.

Still at 299.

Judy spent some time with her mom this morning. I spent some time doing a
little work online. No WiFi here, but a good cellphone data connection. I
wonder if we should expand into an adjacent state. It would be easier to
work on the road in New Mexico in the winter than in Colorado.

We decided, since we were already here, to press a little farther into
California and go to the beach. Went to Paradise by the Sea RV Park in
Oceanside. It is almost on the beach, and has a trail that runs through a
little park and right out onto the ocean. It has a chain link fence for
security at night. The fence has a locked gate. And concertina razor wire
on top. Oh well. We'll ignore that part.

Seventy-five degrees. An ocean breeze. It is so nice here. That's it.
We're not going anywhere else. I can work from here.

Racquetball therapy. Had to drive to Vista for it, but that's not very far.
Challenge court. Two guys playing. The winner stayed. The other left.
The winner was awesome. He was totally relaxed. He hit every shot. He was
invincible. He crushed me at zero.

My first game is never my best. I settled down and played again.
Methodically. I got a few points. I even got ahead. His game changed. He
forced a few shots and missed a few points. He won, but I got to double
digits. The next game, he only got to single digits. During the game after
that, his son showed up. I'd guess his son is eighteen years old. I played
him next. His son hit even harder than he did. But he didn't hit as well.
He didn't get very many points.

Angelo's in Oceanside for pastrami sandwiches and taquitos. Oof. Krispy
Kreme crème filled donuts for dessert. Double oof. It was all Judy's idea.
I'll never listen to her ideas again.

I taught her a lesson, though. She bought the donuts, but I served them. I
put four of them on her plate.

Alka Seltzer should finish off the night just fine.

A forty-five mile day.