Saturday, June 12, 2004

Louisville

Monday.

I love that drive home from the eastern plains, watching the shadow of the
Rockies rise in the distance. But now we're back in the office. It's a
nice return. The work doesn't pile up and wait for me while I'm gone now.
It just gets done. Ohmigod! I think I'm dispensable.

We had quite a busy season of December year-end clients. It takes through
June to get them cleared out. After that, though, we'll have some excess
capacity. It's nice to have time to relax and breathe, but we don't want
too much of that. We don't want anyone to get bored. We're putting
together a list of nonprofit organizations that have year-ends that are not
December. We'll send some information to them to see if we can get a little
more work in the second half of the year. I've wanted to do this list for
years. Two thirds of our clients are December year-ends. It would be nice
to balance out the work. I've always wanted to do this list, but couldn't
figure out how. How do you find nonprofit organizations that don't have a
December year-end? Thank you internet. Now we have access to information
about nonprofit organizations we can accumulate and sort. Jamie is taking
care of it. A list of potential clients in Denver that are not December
year-ends. Thank you Jamie.

I caught myself referring to our time in Denver as "the trip". I was
describing to Jamie what I could get done in a short amount of time, and
explained: "I don't have time to do everything this trip. Maybe I can
finish it next time." Interesting transposition of perspective.

Got the financial statements finished up for the Silverton job. It'll be
ready to go out in a couple days.