Sunday, October 12, 2003

Rball

Racquetball update.



I'm involved in a league with mostly A and Open players. I'm set up to get my ass kicked every week for about twelve weeks.



I played a guy today I've never beaten. I played smart. I played patient. He's a counter puncher. That's what he's comfortable doing, so I kept forcing him to the back of the court with soft shots, making him take the first offensive shot from back there. It worked. For him. He kicked my ass.



There was a victory though. We still had a little time left after the three league games, so we played one more. I'd had enough of playing smart, and playing his soft game. He is better at that game than I am, so I just let it all out and played my game. Straight power. No mercy. And it worked. His "touch" game unraveled. It was never close. I beat him at seven.



That last game doesn't go in the books, but we'll both remember it.