Saturday, June 28, 2003

Beds

We need a new bed. We have the air bed. I like the adjustable firmness, but I can't get past the naugahyde couch effect. I always had the same problem with the water bed. I have the same problem with foam beds too. The air bed has a rigid platform supporting it, engineered to mimic the look of a box spring.



We just bought a new innerspring mattress for the motorhome. It lays on top of a solid platform, just like the air bed in the house. We like it. It is comfortable. And it breathes. In fact, most nights we sleep in the motorhome instead of the house. It has the best, newest bed, and it cools down quicker in the evenings than the house does. And it's air conditioned.



So my question is this: Since we already have a bed platform, is there any reason why we should go buy the box spring and mattress combination for the house? Are all the people full timing in motorhomes consigned to inferior beds because they can't have box springs? Are box spring and mattress combinations better?



I could just buy a full size queen innerspring mattress for a motorhome and drop it on top of the rigid air bed platform in the house.



Comments? Experiences to share? All I need is a firm bed that breathes.