Friday, March 28, 2003

Foot

My big toe is still sore, and I was in the neighborhood, so I stopped to consult with the doctor about it. All the bruising and swelling is gone now, so it looks normal. I just don't walk normal. Every two or three days it starts to feel like it might be getting better, so I go play racquetball on it to test it. Of course that doesn't help. I try to limit myself to standing at the back wall practicing shots, but other players tend to come by while I'm doing that and make me play them. So you see, it's not really my fault.



The doctor says I didn't break any of the larger bones in the toe, but that the bone gets pretty small out at the end. I probably broke the end off and it will take weeks to heal. She is such a good doctor. She didn't even try to tell me not to exercise until it got better. Rather, she said when I play racquetball on it in six weeks, I'll be aggravating it less than when I play racquetball on it now.