Thursday, August 16, 2001

Exercise

I had a difficult bicycle ride yesterday.


It was an off-day for racquetball. My ankle is a little sore, so I can't run any distance right now. So I decided to take a bicycle ride for my exercise.



I headed out to ride around Harper lake, up on Davidson Mesa, in the northwest part of town. (Yes, all the way to another part of Louisville). But on the way I decided to go down the street that has the house with the yard train in the back yard. I haven't been by there in a couple years and thought I should see how he's doing. He's doing very well! The layout is complete now. It includes mountains and tunnels and trestles and towns. It covers the entire back yard. It required lots of observation and admiration.



After about twenty minutes I managed to pull myself away and continue on to the bike path around Harper Lake. But just as I got to the other side, I encountered the sailboat regatta! Nine boats in all. Each one about two feet long. A radio-control regatta.



After the additional observation and admiration, I got back on track for the bicycle ride, but from here it was all downhill back to the house.



Sometimes it's just really hard to get in a good exercise.



S